CELEBRATE Weddings, Reunions & Special Events
For the best and most experienced wedding experts in the Valley contact the Heart of the Rockies Wedding Association.
Tap into our amazing network of creative, experienced wedding experts (links below), including our local Heart of the Rockies Wedding Association. www.HeartOfTheRockiesWedding.com 719.203.1994
Winding like a glimmering ribbon, the Arkansas River is the pulse of this breathtaking landscape. It invites you and your loved ones to slow down and relax, or dive in for some adventurous fun. Enjoy breathtaking mountain beauty and small town community, while making memories to last a lifetime.
If you are looking for an elopement, an intimate ceremony, or an all-inclusive resort for a large wedding, our local professionals can help you find the perfect location for your beautiful day, and then connect you with premier wedding specialists to make your day just as you’ve dreamed. See detailed information and links below!
Photo by The Surf Hotel
Photo by Autumn Twilight Photography
A Ceremony As Unique As These Mountains
Just as your love is like no other, you can have a wedding ceremony that is completely unique to you as a couple, that is as stunning as the beautiful landscape surrounding your wedding venue. You deserve a wedding officiant who captures the heart of your love story, and who will make your time at your altar everything you’ve dreamed of.
What matters most is that the ceremony feels true to who you are, and that each element highlights what is meaningful to you as you begin this new chapter in your life. Photo by Autumn Twilight.
The Buena Vista area has 83% public lands (440,000 acres) creating endless possibilities for your wedding location!
If you choose to host an event on public lands a permit may be required. Special Uses–Applying for a Permit
Any questions please contact: Recreation Special Uses Administrator of the Salida Ranger District, San Isabel National Forest.
719.539.3591 or email email@example.com
Indoor & Outdoor Links
100 Elk Outdoor Center
Collegiate Peaks Golf Course
Creekside Gathering Place
Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Rainbow Lake Resort
Surf Hotel at South Main
The Barn at Sunset Ranch
VFW Post 1166
Catering for Your Culinary Needs
A Variations Catering www.VariationsCatering.com 719.221.2935
Branding Iron Bar & Grill Rustic2561@hotmail.com 719.395.6472
Brown Dog Coffee Company www.BrownDogCoffee.com 719.395.2634
City Market www.CityMarket.com 719.395.2431
Cowboys Dash Barbecue, LLC www.CowboysDashBBQ.com 719.581.2276
Creekside Gathering Place www.CreeksideGatheringPlace 719.221.6124
Kalamatapit Catering Kalamatapit.com 970.485.2874
Wesley & Rose http://surfhotel.com/wesley-rose/ 719.966.7048
Please note most restaurants in town offer rehearsal meals and special small events. Please see our directory for a full list of establishments.
Service & Supplies
Merrifield’s Garden Hut 719.395.9296
Rancho Verde Flowers www.ranchoverdeflowers.com 719.221.0728
D.J.D.J. Event Productions https://www.djdjcolorado.com 719.221.0701
Enchanted Strings Music 719.395.6704
Teresa Roorda, Pianist 719.966.2470
Aspen Leaf Print & Copy 719.395.8044
Ridgeline Signs www.ridgelinesigns.co/ 719.395.1982
Services & Rentals
Buena Vista Tool & Equipment 719.395.6041
Buena Vista True Value www.TrueValue.com 719.395.8067
High Country Party Rental www.HCPartyRental.com 719.966.2590
Settings Event Rentals www.SettingsEventRental.com 719.539.2434
Gifts Wedding Albums & Registers
The View Cafe at the Best Western 719.395.3100
For other services such as hair and makeup and the most up-to- date listing of our businesses who can assist you on your special day please go to the directory on this website.
Marriage Requirements in Colorado
Chaffee County Clerk www.ChaffeeCountyClerk.org 719.539.4004
Justice of the Peace – County Court 719.539.6031
- Couples (both eighteen years old or older)
- Both parties must apply together
- Each party must have identification either in the form of a driver’s license and/or birth certificate with acceptable photo ID (passport, state ID card, etc)
- Both parties must know their social security number
- If either party has been widowed or divorced, they must know the date and place
- Fee is $20
- The license is good for 30 days and there is no waiting period
- No blood test is required
- The license is good anywhere in the state of Colorado
Officiant: A Luminous Ceremony includes the following . . .
• A personalized ceremony in line with your beliefs;
• Your love story in your words;
• Full control of the wording, rituals and tone of your ceremony – no cookie cutter scripts or unwanted surprises;
• Rituals and elements that illustrate what matters to you as a couple;
• An experience that makes your loved ones feel like more than spectators in an audience;
• The stunning mountain scenery tied into the wording and
elements of your ceremony (for ex: the unity ceremony);
• An officiant with a decade of experience, committed to supporting you leading up to and on your big day – with high class, drama-free customer care, professionalism and humor;
• A keepsake copy of your ceremony to look back on over the years;
• Legalizing and mailing of your marriage license.
What matters most is that the ceremony feels true to who you are, and that each element highlights what is meaningful to you as you begin this new chapter as spouses.
Officiant: Sacred Flame of Avalon Ministries was founded by Rev. Deborah McComb to serve the community and teach spiritual concepts for personal growth. It is non-denominational and welcomes all who wish to learn about the seemingly mystical concepts behind the workings of our Universe that can be employed for use in our every day lives in order to live fully and joyously.
House Clearings & Blessings
Weddings/Renewal of Vows
Rights of Passage: Celebrations of Birth/Angelic Blessings, Celebrations of Life & Funerals (human and animal)
End of Life Comfort