Jobs in Buena Vista, Colorado
With a thriving tourism economy and new and existing businesses expanding every day, Buena Vista, Colorado, USA, is a great place to work! Browse Chamber Member job openings and career opportunities below, and contact us to discuss relocating your business to Buena Vista.
Current Job Listings
THE CDOC BUENA VISTA CORRECTIONAL COMPLEX IS LOOKING TO HIRE YOU!
Are you looking for your Forever Career? The Colorado Department of Corrections is hiring! We are seeking dynamic, honest, and security minded individuals to join our team of 400+ professionals at the Buena Vista Correctional Complex (or at any of our other 19 correctional facilities throughout Colorado). We encourage you to consider a stable and rewarding career in law enforcement–inside our prisons!
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. Visit our Recruitment Website for ALL Statewide CDOC job postings, and to see for yourself all the health/dental benefits, retirement plans, paid time off, career advancement opportunities, and special perks all State employees enjoy while working for our agency! You can also contact us by email with any questions you may have: DOC_HQ_Careers@state.co.
Current open positions in Buena Vista AND all other State correctional facilities (you must be a Colorado Resident to apply, unless otherwise noted below):
- Statewide Food Service Supervisor CSTS I–Apply by 1/28/22 4pm
- Statewide Correctional Officer I—OUT OF STATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED–Apply by 12/3/2021 4pm
- Statewide Mental Health Clinician or SOTMP (Social Worker/Counselor III)–OUT OF STATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED–Open Continuous
- Statewide Unlicensed Sex Offender Counselor–$1,000 Sign-On Bonus–Open Continuous
- Statewide Addiction Counselor–$1,000 Sign-On Bonus–Open Continuous
- Statewide Addiction Counselor Trainee III–Open Continuous
- Statewide Addiction Counselor Trainee II–Open Continuous
- Statewide Psychologist–OUT OF STATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED–Open Continuous
- Statewide Licensed Practical Nurse–$1,000 Sign-On Bonus–Open Continuous
- Statewide Registered Nurse–$1,000 Sign-On Bonus–OUT OF STATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED–Open Continuous
- Statewide Nurse Supervisor–$1,000 Sign-On Bonus–Open Continuous
- Statewide Physician–$5,000 Sign-On Bonus–OUT OF STATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED–Open Continuous
- Statewide Dentist–Open Continuous
Thank you for your interest in the Colorado Department of Corrections!
GARNA is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our team. This is a full-time position with vacation, sick and holiday leave. Starting salary $35 – 40K/year DOE, DOQ. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the communications strategy and marketing plan including member, philanthropic, media, anniversary celebrations and special projects communications including partner engagement for an interpretive and education plan for local public lands. The Communications Coordinator will develop website content, manage social media, help to write key publications, and gather stories and photos that document the work of GARNA.
See details at: https://garna.org/board-and-staff/ EOE
COLORADO CENTRAL TELECOM
Customer Care Representative
Colorado Central Telecom is seeking an outgoing, detail-oriented customer service representative to join its dynamic team in Buena Vista. Our team is responsible for supporting CCT in our efforts to retain and grow our customer base. You will interact with our existing customers to drive increased sales and revenue, enhance customer satisfaction and problem resolution. This is a fun and fast-paced environment where you are accountable for individual results and how those impact your team. The position entails fielding customer inquiries, invoicing, and scheduling. The ideal candidate will be a computer savvy self-starter with critical thinking skills and a sense of humor. Compensation DOE.
Please send resume to Tonya Wyles, tonya@coloradocentraltelecom.
Colorado Central Telecom is seeking a full -time employee to join our dynamic team for customer installations and service calls in Chaffee and Lake Counties. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Field Installation Technician requires excellent customer service skills and technical ability. The position requires completing customer installations of fixed wireless and fiber internet, service visits, on-site troubleshooting, and recovery of equipment. Work is performed on site at customer locations both with a physical aspect of installing Internet equipment, as well as a technical portion of updating databases.
Experience: Experience preferred, but training provided to the right applicant
Physical Demand’s: Ability to lift/move up to 60 lbs. Ability to climb a ladder and work on roofs. Ability to work in the infrastructure of a home, including attics and crawl spaces. Ability to work in all inclement weather conditions. Must be able to use tools to install equipment. Work Environment: Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions. May work in high, precarious places.
- Must be professional in dress, speech, and manner.
- Previous experience installing Dish Network, DirecTV, Cable, fiber, internet, phone, or alarms a plus.
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgement principles.
- Must be able to safely use ladders and be comfortable working on roofs and running cables to different parts of a building.
- Ability to use basic tools
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions every day.
- Must demonstrate accountability to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn, supported with a love for technology.
- Diagnose customer problems at service calls and restore functional service to existing customers.
- Install new customers with Internet service, which includes mounting equipment at roof height, running Cat5-E cable from outside to the customer’s computer inside.
- Configure routers and customer computers for access to Internet services.
- Perform equipment upgrades for existing customers
- Run wires inside homes/businesses
- Handle different types of fiber optic cables
- Assist with moving equipment including mini-excavator, trailers, etc.
- Run lines through conduit and on utility poles following all industry standards and safety procedures.
- Participate in meetings as needed
- Assist other technicians and operations crew as needed
- programming radios and routers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants must have:
- Valid Colorado driver’s license
- Ability to be trained to proficiency
- Professional demeanor
- Mechanical ability with drills, drivers for fastening and terminating CAT5e wire
- Ability to climb ladders and carry moderate equipment
Please send resume to Tonya Wyles, tonya@coloradocentraltelecom.