A Little Help
A Little Help is a neighbor to neighbor, non-profit, volunteer based organization right here in Chaffee County! We support the elders in our community in remaining in their homes and remaining an integrated part of our communities.
We recognize that many elder members of our community are forced to leave their home and their community because they just need a little more help than they can manage on their own to continue to live independently. This is a great loss to them and to all of us because we lose their contribution, their wisdom, and the diversity that every community needs to be self-sustaining and vibrant.
A Little Help volunteers work directly with elder members to give them just that …a little help to enhance their lives and open up new possibilities for thriving rather than just surviving. We offer social opportunities as well as assistance with tasks that have become a little out of their reach.
Being a Volunteer.
Do you have an hour or two you could spare to experience a great sense of contribution and satisfaction from assisting an elder in your community? Our volunteers consistently say that they receive more than they give.
It is so easy to volunteer! You volunteer when you have the time. There is no set schedule, you pick the day and time each time you volunteer.
All volunteers receive emails from our office that explain a certain member’s request for help. If you are available, you answer the email and if someone else has not grabbed the opportunity first, you will be connected to confirm the time to get together.
Being a Member.
- All volunteers are vetted, trained and covered by insurance that protects them and you during A Little Help’s assistance.
- What you will receive in assistance is worth so much more than the $20.00 per month that is costs to join. (We have assistance for members that cannot afford the full fee.)
- You will meet new people and make new friends. You will have an opportunity to be more connected with your community.
- You will have an initial welcome meeting where a senior volunteer will work with you to figure out what you need to make sure your life is easier and more fulfilling.
- We come to you. You will be glad you decided to join!
Here are just some of the ways we can help:
- Rides to medical appointments, grocery shopping, errands, and social events.
- Take notes at your medical appointments.
- Assist with minor home repairs, change a light bulb, get things you cannot reach, get something out of the attic or the garage for you, take out the trash or bring the barrel back in.
- Help take care of your pet or walk your dog.
- Yard work or snow removal.
- Help organize something for you.
- Help with your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Set up check in calls or visits.
- Visit with you to talk or perhaps go on an outing.
- Read to you or take a walk with you.
- Light housework or laundry or help making a meal.
- Anything else that qualifies as “A Little Help” that a member may need.
Don’t just Survive, Thrive, with a little help from… A Little Help!
Visit our website at https://www.alittlehelp.org/locations/chaffee/ (you can get volunteer and membership applications online.)