Job Title: Dental Assistant/s
Location/s: Valley-Wide Buena Vista
Position Type: Full-Time (2 vacancies)
Pay Range: Hourly – (No Experience) Min: $15.00 – Max: $18.21 (plus an additional $2.50 per hour through December, 2021). (based on qualifications and experience)
Pay Range: Hourly – (With Experience) Min: $16.00 – Max: $21.00 (plus an additional $2.50 per hour through December, 2021). (based on qualifications and experience)
- • $2000 Sign- On Bonus– (With One Year Commitment to Valley-Wide Buena Vista Dental Clinic Requirement)
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HRA, FSA, DCA, Retirement Plan
- Aflac – Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Hospital
- MASA – Employer paid Air Ambulance Coverage
- Paid Leave: Vacation – 10 days accrued/year, Sick – 12 days accrued/year, Holidays – 8 days/year
- (Benefits after one year of employment.) Retirement Match, Employer paid Basic Life, LTD, STD
Primary responsibility of the position is to perform chair side assisting for assigned dentist. Candidate must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate professionalism working with co-workers, providers and a diverse patient population.
No experience is necessary, we are willing to train the person with the right attitude and people skills to be successful.
Must foster a culture of patient and family centered care, service, quality and safety excellence, while improving patient experience, employee experience and community relations.
Required Experience & Skills:
- No dental assistant experience necessary. We offer paid, on-the-job training!
- Knowledge of dental terms and procedures desired.
- One year of dental or medical office experience desired
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Previous Dental Assistant experience is preferred. Training from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Health aide or Medical Assistant experience is acceptable.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Current CPR/BLS certification (certification/training will be provided upon employment in needed)
EFDA Certified or Certified Dental Assistant preferred
Requirements and Conditions:
- Drug screen is required
- Background check is required
Applications must be submitted by: Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Please complete an employment application on our website https://vwhs.org/careers and submit to Human Resources. You can e-mail your application to HR or fax to 719-587-1525.
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. (Valley-Wide or VWHS) welcomes and is committed to all patients and populations within our large multi-county service area throughout southern Colorado. As a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide premier primary and preventive care you can trust at our 19 clinics located in the San Luis Valley, Lower Arkansas Valley and Cañon City. That means we offer a full range of health care for all ages including diagnosing and treating illness, routine check-ups, vaccinations, screening tests and counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. At specific locations, Valley-Wide is at the forefront of offering comprehensive care including dental care, physical therapy, behavioral health care and other services integrated with medical care to improve your overall health. We offer program enrollment assistance and care coordination and help determine affordable payment options through eligibility and case management services. Your Health, Our Priority!