Job Title: Certified Nurse Aide
Location/s: Valley-Wide Buena Vista
Position Type: Full-Time
Pay Range: Hourly – Min: $15.00 – Max: $18.32 (based on qualifications and experience)
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HRA, FSA, DCA, Retirement Plan
- Aflac – Group Accident, Group Critical Illness, Hospital
- MASA – Employer paid Air Ambulance Coverage
- Paid Leave: Vacation – 10 days accrued/year, Sick – 12 days accrued/year, Holidays – 8 days/year
- (Benefits after one year of employment.) Retirement Match, Employer paid Basic Life, LTD, STD
To provide pro-active clinical support while assisting the provider in meeting patient care, including follow up, exam room set up and meeting organizational goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administrative Duties:
- Greet patients, keeping medical records up to date (abstracting), answering the telephone and take phone messages, First line person to evaluate patient’s request to speak with provider.
- Collaborate with case manager/referral coordinator and operator on completing insurance forms, making appointments, handling correspondence, scheduling hospital and laboratory services
- Assist billing department with completing incomplete/missing information in a timely manner
- Clinical Duties:
- Check in patients for scheduled visits with the health care provider. Check in includes vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, BMI, Assessment of pain, LMP, Allergies, chief complaint and past health history (on all new patients) , retrieve patient history if applicable (prior labs, x-rays) and asses patient needs.
- Provides patient services not requiring the need of a provider, according to established protocol.
- Records any contact with patients in chart (Patient identifiers verified prior to any documentation).
- Perform point of care testing and treatments, according to established protocol.
- Participate in quarterly lab proficiency testing
- Responsible for reviewing lab and other reports administering proper follow through.
- Arrange follow up with provider when necessary
- Send written notice to patient according to established protocols, i.e., pap smears, immunizations, etc.
- Prepare room for procedures and assists providers as necessary.
- Checks and stocks room daily for adequate supplies
- Schedule x-rays or other diagnostic tests and provides patient education for exam preparation.
- Has equipment and supplies ready as necessary for procedures and minor surgery, i.e. pap, biopsies, I and D’s laceration repair, toenail removal
- Ensure that proper sterilization procedures are being followed.
- Participates in Patient Education.
- Have materials and handouts readily available in room or able to retrieve information from the internet.
- Request support from professional staff when required.
- Assists other teams when needed.
- Respond to “Flags” and adding to the workgroup of the clinic assigned to for the day
- Assists in overall operations of assigned clinic.
- Proper care of equipment and supplies
- Attends staff meetings
- Checks and signs off on crash cart regularly in compliance with protocol.
- Participates in continuing education on a regular basis and as offered
- Is supportive and attends in-services provided by VWHS
- Knowledgeable about emergency calls and maintains current CPR
- Completes and passes annual competency assessments.
- Maintains and completes inbox for a nurse out sick or if you are the extra nurse for the clinic,
* Specific assignments according to health care provider that the nurse works with on a regular basis.
* Comply with all CLIA, AAHC, and other certifying or accrediting agency regulations and standards.
Step II (in addition to Step 1 duties & responsibilities)
- Ability to complete all the duties and responsibilities outlined in step I beyond immediate supervision.
- Participates in onboarding and training of new staff
- Student Preceptor
- Joins an organization wide team or committee
- Takes a Champion Role, including but not limited to, leading the project, provide oversight, education, training and monitoring, Train the trainer. Examples: Special skill champion
- Ensures nursing policies, procedures and workflows are followed.
- Actively participates in creating, evaluating, editing policies, procedures and workflows with guidance.
- Monthly inventory
Must foster a culture of patient and family centered care, service, quality and safety excellence, while improving patient experience, employee experience and community relations.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
Graduate from a Certified Nurse Aide Program and one year medical office experience preferred.
Knowledge of equipment, and technology used in the nursing area.
Current Medical Certification
Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS/CPR)
Requirements and Conditions:
• Drug screen is required
• Background check is required
Applications must be submitted by: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please complete an employment application on our website https://valley-widehealth.org/careers/ and submit to Human Resources. You can e-mail your application to HR or fax to 719-587-1525.
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Valley-Wide Health Systems, Inc. (Valley-Wide or VWHS) welcomes and is committed to all patients and populations within our large multi-county service area throughout southern Colorado. As a non-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide premier primary and preventive care you can trust at our 19 clinics located in the San Luis Valley, Lower Arkansas Valley and Cañon City. That means we offer a full range of health care for all ages including diagnosing and treating illness, routine check-ups, vaccinations, screening tests and counseling to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. At specific locations, Valley-Wide is at the forefront of offering comprehensive care including dental care, physical therapy, behavioral health care and other services integrated with medical care to improve your overall health. We offer program enrollment assistance and care coordination and help determine affordable payment options through eligibility and case management services. Your Health, Our Priority!