We know that shopping local is always important, but this year more than ever we want to continue to encourage our community and visitors to support our local businesses! So The Buena Vista Chamber is here to help spread the word about all the great things you can purchase RIGHT HERE IN OUR TOWN!
If you are a business here is how you can participate (this is open to both members and nonmember businesses in Buena Vista):
- Shop Local Newsletter: Submit your business description or any seasonal specials you will be having between Thanksgiving and the end of December. We will be putting out a special email on Small Business Saturday (November 28th) announcing those specials. Just go to our Member Hub, then Submit Weekly Announcement and click on ‘Shop Local’ and you can go from there. Please have your submission in by November 23, 2020 at 5p to be included.
- Display a Shop Local Sign: Let us know if you would like a Shop Local sign for your storefront (11 x 17). You can either pick it up at the Welcome Center or we can happily bring it by. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get one ready for you!
- Sell Gift Cards Online through CCVB: Chaffee County Visitors Bureau is hosting a webpage to sell your gift cards. No fees and no fulfillment management, the CCVB will handle all of that. Go here to submit your info.
- Social Media: If you have any holiday specials on Facebook, either share to our page or invite us to co-host to help reach more people. www.facebook.com/bvchamber
- Be Part of the Statewide Movement: Join the SBDC’s statewide Shop Local campaign by going to coloradosbdc.org/shop-local.
SO WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO SHOP LOCAL?
1. Personalized Service
A small business owner is going to go the extra mile to make you happy. Local businesses are owned by your neighbors and friends, they care about you and are invested in the well-being of your community and its future
2. One-of-a-Kind Products
Small businesses carry unique products and services that you won’t find anywhere else. When you shop at a chain any product you buy, hundreds of others will have.
3. Support the Arts
Small businesses support creativity! Oftentimes small businesses and boutiques sell and display art from local artists. These are one of a kind pieces you can’t find anywhere else.
4. Enhances the Local Economy
Small businesses support your local economy and the money you spend at a local business stays within your town and community, thus improving its future.
5. Good for your Health
Supporting small businesses is good for your health for two reasons. One, it gets you out of the house. Take a walk to the local farmer’s market and buy some fresh produce for dinner, or buy a brand new candle from a small boutique in your town center. Two, when you buy local, you have easy access to fresh food that is chemical and pesticide free.
*From the Commonwealth Financial Group